Shalhevet (Hebrew: Flame) is the congregational partnerships division of TORCH. This programs first began at Congregation Brith Shalom in 2009. Since then hundreds registered, participated and experienced the motivating Mussar, Talmud and Torah (Bible) study classes in nine different synagogues throughout the Houston Metropolitan Area.
Each congregation can choose from a wide array of topics, and TORCH will happily provide the educators free of charge to the congregation with only a small fee to the participants. Try a six week sample series absolutely free to all in your congregation.
No prior Hebrew experience or knowledge necessary.
• Sunday mornings at Congregation Brith Shalom (Bellaire)
• Sunday evenings at Young Israel of Houston (Fondren SW Area)
• Monday mornings at Houston Congregation for Reform Judaism (Galleria/Tanglewood Area)
• Tuesday evenings at Congregation Torah Vachesed (Meyerland Area)
• Tuesday evenings at Congregation Beth Rambam (Fondren SW Area)
• Wednesday evenings at Congregation Torah Vachesed (Meyerland Area)
• Wednesday evenings at Temple Beth Torah (Humble/Kingwood Area)
• Thursday evenings at Congregation Shaar Hashalom (Clearlake/Pearland/Bay Area)
• Thursday evenings at Congregation Beth El (Missouri City / Sugar Land Area)
If you'd like to begin a SHALHEVET program in your congregation, or for a copy of the Shalhevet Brochure please contact TORCH at email@example.com. We'd love to partner with you!