Shalhevet (Hebrew: Flame) is the congregational partnerships division of TORCH. This programs first began at Congregation Brith Shalom in 2009. Since then hundreds registered, participated and experienced the motivating Mussar, Talmud and Torah (Bible) study classes in nine different synagogues throughout the Houston Metropolitan Area.
Each congregation can choose from a wide array of topics, and TORCH will happily provide the educators free of charge to the congregation with only a small fee to the participants. Try a four week sample series absolutely free. No prior Hebrew experience or knowledge necessary.
The Marvy Finger Family Foundation
The following is a list of Shalhevet Partners who have held ongoing or periodical Shalehevet classes:
• Congregation Beth El (Missouri City / Sugar Land Area)
• Congregation Beth Rambam (Fondren SW Area)
• Congregation Beth Shalom (The Woodlands)
• Congregation Beth Yeshurun (Meyerland)
• Congregation Brith Shalom (Bellaire)
• Congregation Or Ami (West Houston)
• Congregation Shaar Hashalom (Clearlake/Pearland/Bay Area)
• Congregation Torah Vachesed (Meyerland Area)
• Congregation Jewish Community North (Spring)
• Houston Congregation for Reform Judaism (Galleria/Tanglewood Area)
• Meyerland Minyan (Meyerland Area)
• Temple Beth Tikvah (Clearlake/Bay Area)
• Temple Beth Torah (Humble/Kingwood Area)
• Temple Sinai (West Houston/Katy)
• Young Israel of Houston (Fondren SW Area)
If you'd like to begin a SHALHEVET program in your congregation, or for a copy of the Shalhevet Brochure please contact TORCH at email@example.com. We'd love to partner with you!