Have you ever felt like an outsider because you missed out on your Bar or Bat Mitzvah? Or, maybe you've had one, but didnít get much out of it?
TORCH gives you the opportunity to celebrate your very own Bar or Bat Mitzvah with friends and family in just 12 weeks! Throughout this program you will be exposed to the most fundamental aspects of Judaism such as holidays, Mitzvahs and the amazing Jewish history. You will learn your personal Torah portion based on your Hebrew birthday and even begin to read Hebrew if you donít already know how. We will provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience that a Bar or Bat Mitzvah is really all about.
Participants will meet once a week for 12 consecutive weeks. Each week class will begin with a light refreshments, followed by Hebrew reading, a lecture and discussion. This 10 week program will culminate in a final Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony at which, you will individually present your Torah portion to your peers, family and friends. Mazal Tov!
The Classes will begin on March 2, 2015 and meet every Monday & Wednesday.
- Introduction: What is a Bar/Bat Mitzvah?
- The Jewish Calendar: Around the Year
- Mitzvah Tour: A selection of important Mitzvahs
- Core Beliefs: What do Jews believe?
- Lifecycles: Everything from birth to earth
- Jewish History: 3300+ Years since Mt. Sinai to today
- The Torah: A Complete outline
- Dvar Torah Preparation
- The Land of Israel & Understanding Every Jew: Every Stripe
- The Shabbat Table: From soup to nuts
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Rehearsal